Roasted Cherry Tomato Tartlets
Makes 12 Tartlets
2, 14.28 oz. cans
Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Cherry Tomatoes (Pomodorini), drained
Medium red onion, thinly sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh thyme, chopped
Kosher salt, divided
Black pepper, divided
Large 10 to 12-inch tortillas
Unsalted butter, melted
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzos, rinsed and drained
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Whole milk ricotta cheese
Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Cherry Tomatoes and red onions on a non-stick sheet pan.
- Drizzle cherry tomatoes and onion mixture with olive oil, and season with thyme, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper; mix thoroughly to combine.
- Roast the cherry tomatoes and onion mixture in oven until tomatoes and onions are soft, and browned; about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While cherry tomatoes are roasting, brush a medium-size, non-stick muffin pan with melted butter. Using a pastry cutter or round glass, cut out 12, 3-inch tortilla rounds from a large tortilla. Press 3-inch tortilla rounds into muffin tin. The tortillas should slightly curve up the sides of the muffin pan to form a cup or tartlet. Brush tops of tortillas in muffin pan with melted butter. Bake tortillas in oven for 10 to 15 minutes in a 375°F oven, or until golden brown. Remove baked tortilla tartlet shells from oven and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, puree Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzos and lemon juice, until smooth and creamy; about 1 minute. Blend in ricotta cheese, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, fill each tortilla tartlet shell with garbanzo and ricotta filling. Top each tartlet with roasted cherry tomatoes and red onions. Drizzle tartlets with balsamic glaze, and garnish with Italian parsley. Serve immediately. Mangia Bene!
Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™
Copyright© 2017, Mangia, Inc.