The Carmelina Difference
Why choose Carmelina? What makes our tomatoes and beans unique? The Carmelina Difference is built upon our Italian passion for good food and family, and our founding principal of bringing high-quality, all-natural, and fresh-packed ingredients to North America and the world.
What sets us apart? We are dedicated to producing the best quality preserved products, which means our products are:
- Produced and Imported from Italy
- All-natural and preservative-free; containing no added citric acid, calcium chloride, EDTA, or sugars
- Low-sodium – no added salt
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Kosher Certified
- 100% USDA Organic products available
- C-TPAT(Customs Trade Partners Against Terrorism) Validated
- Compliant with the FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- Meet ISO, BRC, and HACCP standards for food safety and quality
- Tomatoes are vine ripened to maturity; beans grade “A”, firm “al dente” texture
- Consistent quality – manufactured and packed to our specifications
It’s All About the San Marzano Tomato The celebrated San Marzano tomato is preferred by gourmet chefs the world over. The much buzzed about tomato is recognized around the globe for its elongated shape, few seeds, low acid content, and a pulp with an excellent, sweet flavor. The variety has existed since the early 1900s, when it was created in the Agro Sarnese-Nocerino region of southern Italy as a cross between three tomato varieties.
Because of its popularity, the San Marzano tomato is very important to the region’s local economy, and was given DOP status (“Protected Designation of Origin”) by the European Union. Products bearing the DOP stamp and claiming to be Pomodoro S. Marzano Dell’Agro Sarnese-Nocerino DOP must be grown, processed, and packed in the area of San Marzano, and meet all Italian regulations. Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano Italian tomatoes satisfy all DOP specifications for quality and production, however not all of our tomatoes come from the small San Marzano growing area. There’s simply not enough supply to meet demand.
We produce our Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano Italian tomatoes without the DOP or Consorzio San Marzano stamps. By doing this we can pass the savings on to our customers focused on the quality of the tomato, rather than the stamp on the label. We are committed to producing consistent, quality Italian tomatoes that outshine all others on the market. Taste Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano for yourself and experience the Carmelina Difference.