Tropical Butter Bean Salad with Kiwi Vinaigrette
12 - 15
White balsamic vinegar
Garlic cloves, minced
Kiwi, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 cups
Extra virgin olive oil
6, 14.28 oz cans
Carmelina Brands® Italian Butter Beans, drained
Mango, medium cubes
Grape tomatoes, halved
Yellow peaches, medium cubes
Oranges, peeled, segmented, medium cubes
1/2 cup each
Seedless grapes red & green, halved
Papaya, cut in to medium cubes
Red onions, thinly sliced
Green onions, sliced
Fresh mint, chiffonade
Fresh basil, chiffonade
For the Dressing:
- In a food processor or blender, add white balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic. Blend ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Add kiwi and blend again for an additional 30 seconds until ingredients are well incorporated and smooth.
- While blender is on, in a thin, steady stream, add olive oil through the top of the food processor or blender.
For the Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, add Carmelina Brands® Italian Butter Beans, mangos, grape tomatoes, yellow peaches, oranges, grapes, papaya, red and green onions, Italian seasoning, mint and basil.
- Pour dressing over top of salad and carefully toss to combine.
- Season Tropical Butter Bean Salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour prior to serving allowing for flavors to meld. To serve, place Tropical Butter Bean Salad in large attractive serving bowl.
- Substitute with different “in season” fruit options like blood oranges, fresh pineapple, or bananas – the flavor combinations are endless. Salad pairs perfectly with grilled shrimp, fish or chicken.
- Reduce the ingredients by half for smaller gatherings