Carmelina Stir Fry
- Cut tofu lengthwise in half, then cut each half into 14 triangles. Set tofu aside on a sheet pan lined with paper towels to absorb any moisture.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat sesame oil over high heat. Swirl pan to fully coat. Carefully add tofu and sear for a minute. Flip tofu to other side, add garlic and sear for another minute. Set tofu aside on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and keep warm.
- Grab your wok and heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil over medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger to the pan and stir to combine. Let ginger cook for a minute, releasing aroma. Increase heat to high and add snow peas, and red and yellow bell peppers. Stir-fry vegetables for 5 to 7 minutes; stirring constantly. Deglaze pan with soy sauce and let reduce for a minute. Remove vegetables to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap to keep warm and set aside.
- Clean pan and return to the stove. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of scallions and remaining ginger. Stir to combine and let cook for a minute to release aroma. Add Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Tomato Puree (Passata), vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let sauce reduce for 15 minutes.
- Spoon sauce onto an attractive serving platter, top with vegetable stir-fry and seared tofu. Garnish with remaining scallions. Serve immediately. Mangia bene and enjoy!
Tip: Season leftover Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Tomato Puree to taste (garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper) and over your favorite pasta or as a dipping sauce.
* Recipe created by Corporate Executive Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™