Ceci (Garbanzo) Zucchini Burgers with Lemon Ginger Sauce
Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
Tahini paste, divided
Fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon
Kosher salt, divided
Black pepper, divided
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
Italian parsley, chopped, divided
1, 14.28 ounce can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Ceci (Garbanzos), rinsed
Medium zucchini, shredded, moisture removed
Extra virgin olive oil
Burger buns (toasted)
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together yogurt, 1 tablespoon tahini paste, lemon juice, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon parsley. Check seasoning and adjust as needed. Cover Lemon Ginger Sauce and store in the fridge for later use.
- In a food processor with blade attachment, add Carmelina Brands® Italian Ceci (Garbanzos), shallots, garlic, chives and cumin. Add remaining tahini paste, parsley, salt and black pepper. Pulse the food processor 3 times. Mixture should be just blended and still chunky in texture. Scoop bean mixture into a large bowl, and add drained zucchini, rolled oats and mustard. Mix thoroughly to combine with your hands.
- Divide veggie mixture into 4 equal portions, about 6 ounces per burger. Shape into patties.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Swirl the pan to fully coat. Carefully add burgers to the pan and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Burgers should form a nice golden crust on each side.
- To assemble, lay burger buns onto an attractive platter and spread with Lemon Ginger Sauce. Top dressed buns with burgers, sliced tomatoes, and arugula. Mangia bene and enjoy!
Recipe created by Corporate Executive Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™