Chef Massimo Salatino’s Spaghetti alla Bella Carmelina
2, 14.28 oz cans
Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Cherry Tomatoes (Pomodorini) in Puree
Garlic cloves, peeled and shaved
Pasta water ( reserved from cooking)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red pepper chili flakes
Mozzarella di Bufala
Fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until “al dente;” stirring occasionally.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 1 tablespoon of shaved garlic, over medium heat.
- Add red pepper chili flakes to the pan and lightly toast.
- Drain the cooked pasta from the water (reserving some pasta water) and add to the sauté pan.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta water, and continue to cook the pasta in the pan. There should be enough water in the pan to keep the pasta moist.
- To finish, remove the pasta from the heat and toss in another 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Plate aglio e olio pasta on 4 plates, or on a large platter.
- In another sauté pan heat the remaining olive oil and shaved garlic over medium heat.
- Add the Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Cherry Tomatoes (Pomodorini) into the pan and continue to cook for a few minutes until they burst and release their juices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tomatoes over the top of the aglio e olio pasta.
- Break the Mozzarella di Bufala into pieces and garnish over the pasta.
- Garnish pasta with basil leaves, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and freshly cracked pepper.
* Recipe from Francesca’s Restaurant Group and Corporate Chef Massimo Salatino