Grilled Chicken and Summer Vegetable Salad
4 to 6
Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh thyme, chopped
Kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon
Black pepper, divided
White wine vinegar
Garlic cloves, peeled, minced
Fresh basil, chiffonade
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Butter Beans, rinsed and drained
Green onions, chopped
Cucumber, peeled and seeded, sliced
Italian zucchini, julienned
Yellow squash, julienned
Marinated artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
Medium red onion, thinly sliced
Small red bell pepper, julienned
Small yellow bell pepper, julienned
Feta cheese crumbles
- Season chicken breasts on both sides each with1 tablespoon of oil, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Place chicken on heated barbecue or grill pan. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through; about 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from heat, keep warm and set aside.
- In a blender, add vinegar, shallots, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, and basil. Blend the ingredients for 15 seconds, until ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a slow steady stream, add in oil and blend dressing for another minute. Remove dressing from blender and check seasoning.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together green onions, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, marinated artichoke hearts, onion, red and yellow bell peppers, and celery. Add in Carmelina Brands® Italian Butter Beans. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Toss salad with dressing and mix to combine. Slice the grilled chicken breast and add to salad. Garnish with fresh avocado, feta and sliced almonds.
* Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™