Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Shishito Peppers and Sweet Tomato Basil Vinaigrette
4-6 people (6 skewers)
For the Chicken Kabobs:
1 1/2 pounds
All-natural boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
Sesame oil, divided
Kosher salt ,divided
Black pepper, divided
Red onion, cut into wedges
12” skewers, (presoaked if wood)
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Cherry Tomatoes (Pomodorini), drained, reserving juice
Roasted sesame seeds
Sweet Tomato-Basil Dressing:
White wine vinegar
Garlic clove, peeled
Extra virgin olive oil
About 3/4 cup
Reserved juice from Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Cherry Tomatoes (Pomodorini)
For the Chicken Kabobs:
- In a small bowl, marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, marinate Shishito peppers with remaining sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Set both chicken and Shishito peppers aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
For the Sweet Tomato Basil Dressing
- Using a blender or food processor, add vinegar, shallots, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Blend the ingredients for 30 seconds. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the extra virgin oil, reserved cherry tomato juice, and basil. Blend dressing for an additional 30 seconds, allowing it to thicken slightly and emulsify. Pour the dressing in a glass cruet or serving container. Season to taste and refrigerate. If dressing is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of water to thin. Shake before serving.
To Assemble Chicken Kabobs:
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- To assemble skewers, alternately thread a cube of chicken, an onion wedge, a Shishito pepper, and a cherry tomato onto each skewer. Repeat again with each ingredient, leaving about a 1-inch space remaining from the top and bottom of each skewer. You should have 6 skewers total.3
- Arrange the kebabs on pre-heated grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken and vegetables are cooked through. Turn kebabs over once halfway through to cook evenly on both sides.
- Arrange the Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Shishito Peppers on an attractive plate, serve with the Sweet Tomato Basil Vinaigrette and garnish with roasted sesame seeds.. Mangia bene!
* Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™
Copyright© 2017, Mangia, Inc.