Grilled Vegetable Tacos with Cannellini and Avocado Filling
4 to 6
Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
Red bell pepper, halved, seeded and deveined
Yellow bell pepper, halved, seeded and deveined
Red onion, sliced 1/2-thick rings
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh thyme, chopped
Kosher salt, divided
Black pepper, divided
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
Fresh lime juice
Fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- Pre-heat barbecue grill to 350°F.
- Place Portobello mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, and onion on grill. Brush with oil and season with thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Grill seasoned vegetables until soft and nicely charred; about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove vegetables from barbecue, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- While vegetables are grilling, in a food processor or blender, add Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans, avocado, lime juice, 2 1/2 tablespoons cilantro, and the remaining salt and pepper. Blend ingredients for a minute until smooth. Check seasoning and adjust as desired. Place Cannellini and Avocado Filling into a small bowl and set aside.
- Warm tortillas on the grill; about 30 seconds on each side.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of Cannellini and Avocado Filling onto each tortilla; add vegetable mixture, and garnish with sour cream and remaining cilantro. Serve Immediately. Buon Appetito!
Tip: Grilled Vegetable Tacos with Cannellini and Avocado Filling are also great served with chicken, shrimp, steak or carnitas.
*Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc.™
Copyright© 2017, Mangia, Inc.