Carmelina Harvest Chicken with Sherry Vinegar Lentils
- In a medium bowl, season chicken with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix to combine. Set aside for a minute.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat remaining avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add bacon and let it render down for 5 minutes to release aroma. Add onions, shallots, celery, carrots and rosemary, and stir to combine. Sauté the vegetables until softened; about 7 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Stir in the Carmelina Brands® Italian Lentils.
- Deglaze pan with sherry wine vinegar, and let liquid reduce; about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and season with 1 ½ teaspoon of salt and remaining pepper.
- Add apples, almonds and cranberries to the pan; stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and let ingredients simmer for 5 minutes allowing flavors to meld together. Garnish Sherry Vinegar Lentils with Italian parsley, remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with remaining salt on both sides. Add chicken to grill pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from heat.
- To serve, divide Sherry Vinegar Lentils equally among 4 plates. Slice Carmelina Fall Harvest Chicken on the bias into 3 pieces per breast, and place atop the Sherry Vinegar Lentils. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Mangia bene and enjoy!
Tip: Tired of chicken? The Sherry Vinegar Lentils is the perfect accompaniment to a variety of proteins, including roasted turkey breast, venison or pork loin.
Recipe created by Corporate Executive Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™