Panzerotti Napoletana di Ceci
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°F
- In a food processor with blade attachment, add Carmelina Brands® Chick Pea Puree and parsley, and pulse to combine; about 20 seconds.
- Add eggs, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chickpea flour, salt and pepper. Pulse the food processor for another minute until all ingredients are combined. If needed, use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the food processor bowl and pulse again. Scoop the chickpea mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large hotel pan. Combine breadcrumbs with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Using two teaspoons, scoop a rounded tablespoon of the chickpea puree mixture, and roll it to form a mini Panzerotti (bite-size oval shape).
- Roll the Panzerotti in the breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Working in small batches, fry the Panzerotti until golden-brown; about a minute. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the Panzerotti to a sheet pan lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the Napoletana Panzerotti di Ceci while warm with Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Authentic Italian Marinara Sauce. Mangia bene!
Substitution: To prepare recipe using whole beans, drain and puree 4, 14.28 oz. cans of Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzo Beans in a food processor until smooth. This is equivalent to 4 cups of Carmelina Brands® Chick Pea Puree.
Tip: Get creative and stuff the Panzerotti with cubed mozzarella, Calabrian chilis, prosciutto or all three combined.
Recipe created by Corporate Executive Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™