Carmelina Poached Pears with Sweet Cannellini & Ricotta
- In a medium saucepan add wine, brown sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise. Bring wine to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar; about 1 minute.
- Carefully add pears to the wine and poach until just tender; about 20 to 25 minutes. Using tongs, carefully remove pears from the saucepan, reserving the poaching liquid, and set aside on a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, increase heat to medium-low. Let wine simmer and reduce until it starts to bubble and thicken into a sauce; about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and set aside to drizzle over pears when serving.
- While wine is reducing, in a food processor add Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans and orange marmalade. Puree mixture until smooth and creamy; about 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, scoop the bean paste into a medium bowl.
- Gently fold the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and Grand Marnier into the bean paste. Mix the ingredients to thoroughly combine and incorporate all the flavors together.
- Spoon the Sweet Cannellini and Ricotta Filling into a pastry bag and artistically pipe into the cavity of each pear. Arrange Carmelina Poached Pears with Sweet Cannellini & Ricotta on an attractive serving platter and drizzle with reserved wine sauce as desired. Garnish with fresh mint, almonds, and orange peel. Mangia Bene and Enjoy!
Tip: Pears may be poached in any sweet dessert wine like Marsala, Port, Riesling or Muscato. We selected Lambrusco, a sweet Italian red dessert wine for its flavor and color.
* Recipe created by Corporate Executive Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™