Puff Pastry with Sweet Cannellini Orange Cream
Puff pastry sheet (10” X 15”), thawed according to package directions
Unsalted butter, melted
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
Whole milk ricotta cheese
Fresh mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Unfold puff pastry sheet onto a clean work surface or cutting board. Using a round 3-inch cookie cutter or glass, cut pastry rounds.
- Using a non- stick muffin pan, brush the inside of each cup with melted butter. Place each pastry round into the muffin pan. Brush the top of each pastry round with butter.
- Bake the puff pastry in the oven until golden brown; about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once puff pastry rounds are cooled, slice each in half lengthwise, and set aside.
- Using a food processor, add the Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans, orange marmalade and Grand Marnier. Blend until smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated; about 1minute. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the pureed cannellini bean mixture into a glass mixing bowl. Fold in the ricotta cheese and powdered sugar. Mix to combine.
- Scoop the Sweet Cannellini Orange Cream filling into a pastry bag. Pipe Sweet Cannellini Orange Cream filling onto bottom halves of each puff pastry round. Cap each round with puff pastry top.
- Arrange Puff Pastries with Sweet Cannellini Orange Cream on dessert platter. Garnish with mixed berries, mint, and drizzled honey. Buon Appetito!
*Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™
Copyright© 2017, Mangia, Inc.