Ranchero Breakfast Burrito
Red onion, thinly sliced
Red bell peppers, julienned
Yellow bell peppers, julienned
Jalapeno, seeded, deveined, finely chopped
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Chopped Tomatoes
Green onions, chopped
Kosher salt, divided
Black pepper, divided
Shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh cilantro, chopped
10 to 12-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, red and yellow bell peppers, and jalapeños, and sauté until vegetables are soft and begin to brown; about 7 minutes.
- Stir in Carmelina Brands® Italian Red Kidney Beans, Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano Italian Tomatoes, and green onions. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cumin. Cook until heated through and moisture has evaporated; about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to skillet with sautéed vegetables; stir occasionally with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, allowing eggs to set and form a scramble. Cook until eggs are thoroughly cooked through; about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove Ranchero filling from heat, and divide evenly among each tortilla. Top each with cheese, avocado slices, and cilantro.
- Roll each filled tortilla into a burrito; fold bottom of tortilla up tightly over filling, then fold in each side of tortilla, and then roll up.
- Garnish Ranchero Breakfast Burritos with sour cream and serve immediately. Buon Appetito!
* Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™
Copyright© 2017, Mangia, Inc.