Carmelina Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
1 1/4 lb
Butternut squash, peeled and diced
Extra virgin olive oil, divided
Fresh thyme, chopped
Kosher salt, divided
Black pepper, divided
2, 14.28 oz. cans
Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzos, liquid reserved
Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, combine butternut squash, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, shallots, fresh thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Place squash mixture onto a nonstick baking sheet and roast in the oven until the butternut squash is tender and cooked through; about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor, add Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzos, tahini paste, garlic, ginger, parsley, lemon juice, and remaining salt and pepper. Blend ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Add in the cooled roasted butternut squash and remaining olive oil, and blend until the ingredients are well incorporated, and smooth and creamy. If the hummus is too dry, add in the reserved garbanzo liquid a couple of tablespoons at a time until a desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Spoon Carmelina Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus into a serving bowl and serve with a selection of your favorite crackers, pita, or favorite veggies. Mangia bene!
* Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™