Steak Fajitas with Peperonata
6 to 8
Extra virgin olive oil, divided
Black pepper, divided
Fresh thyme, chopped
Red onion, 1/4-inch slices
Yellow bell peppers,1/4-inch slices
Red bell peppers,1/4-inch slices
Jalapeno, seeded, deveined and finely chopped
Garlic cloves, sliced
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Borlotti Beans, rinsed and drained
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina Brands® Italian Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
Fresh tomatoes, seeded, 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup + Garnish
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh lime juice
6-inch flour tortillas
- Marinate skirt steak with 2 tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and fresh thyme; making sure to season on each side. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the Peperonata, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Carefully add onions, yellow and red bell peppers, jalapenos, and garlic. Sauté until vegetables start to brown; about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in Carmelina Brands® Italian Borlotti, Red Kidney Beans, and fresh tomatoes. Season Peperonata with salt, remaining pepper, and fajita seasoning. Mix to combine. Add cilantro, remove from heat and set aside.
- On a pre-heated barbecue or grill pan, sear the skirt steak for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until cooked medium rare. Remove steak from grill and let rest for 2 minutes before slicing. Slice steak into 1/4-inch thick pieces, slicing against the grain. Add steak slices to Peperonata mixture; toss to combine. Garnish with fresh lime juice.
- To serve, fill warmed tortillas with Steak Fajita with Peperonata. Top with sliced avocado, sour cream, and fresh cilantro as desired. Buon Appetito!
* Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™
Copyright© 2017, Mangia, Inc.