Garbanzo, Basil and Pine Nut Pesto
2, 14.28 oz. cans
Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzos, rinsed and drained
Garlic cloves, minced
Pine nuts, toasted
Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Extra virgin olive oil
Hot sauce (Tapatío)
- In a food processor or blender, add Carmelina Brands® Italian Garbanzos, garlic, basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, black pepper, and salt.
- Blend ingredients until smooth; about 1 minute.
- While food processor is running, in a slow, steady stream, add olive oil to garbanzo mixture. Blend until olive oil is incorporated, and pesto is smooth. Mix in hot sauce.
- Use a rubber spatula, transfer pesto from food processor to a serving bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve Garbanzo, Basil and Pine Nut Pesto as a side dish with grilled chicken or shrimp, or as a dip with vegetable crudité or chips. Buon Appetito! .
* Recipe created by Chef Giacomo Pagano on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™