Vegetarian Caldo Tlalpeño (Vegetable Soup)
White onion, quartered
Cilantro (reserve some for garnish)
1, 14.28 oz. can
Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Whole Peeled Tomatoes in Puree
Vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
Butternut squash, diced
Carrot, peeled and cut into half moons
Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
Green beans, cut 1/2" pieces
- In a blender, combine onion, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, cilantro with stems, garlic and Carmelina ‘e…San Marzano® Italian Whole Peeled Italian Tomatoes in Puree. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, pour in blended tomato mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally; about 8-10 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add squash, carrots and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add zucchini and green beans and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, top with avocado, queso fresco, chopped cilantro and a lime wedge.
Recipe created by Peyton Pritikin (PritiEats) on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™