White Bean Chicken Chili
White onion, diced, divided
Garnet sweet potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoon
2, 14.28 oz. cans
Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans
Fire roasted tomatoes
Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (+ 2 tablespoons sauce reserved)
Rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
For Avocado-Onion Garnish:
- In a medium bowl combine ¼ cup of minced white onion (reserving the rest for the chili), juice of one lime, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, 1 diced avocado and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- Bake sweet potatoes on a sheet pan at 400°F for 1 hour until soft. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting in half to serve.
For the Chili:
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add remaining onion and sauté until translucent. Add cinnamon, cumin, and chili powder. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add beer.
- In a blender, combine 1 can of Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans (including liquid) with 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Once beer and onion mixture thickens, add blended bean mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth, pulled rotisserie chicken, and remaining can of Carmelina Brands® Italian Cannellini Beans, and allow to reduce over medium heat until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, ladle White Bean Chicken Chili over baked sweet potato, and top with Avocado-Onion Garnish, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Recipe created by Peyton Pritikin (PritiEats) on behalf of Mangia, Inc. ™